The most noteworthy feature of AppBrain.com is the possibility to select apps on the web, and then sync them easily with your phone.
In addition we included many other innovative features right from the start: Sharable app lists, a changelog for each app, related apps, display of prices in your preferred currency, a fast and relevant search function, lists of apps that were recently reduced in price, and many more.
In the last weeks we added personalized recommendations, an overview of the latest added apps to the market, and filtering of 'spam' apps from search and category listings.
Yesterday we released a major improvement to the AppBrain Market app:
The new features of the app include:
- Discover which apps were hot in the last 24 hours and in the last 7 days
- Browse apps which were last viewed by other users on AppBrain.com
- Browse the app categories, filtered by free apps, paid apps, popular updated apps, popular new apps, apps with price drops, and latest apps
- Find apps with the fast and relevant search, which also show description snippets matching your search terms
- Get notified about updates of your installed apps
On the website we also launched new features. A new way to discover interesting apps is the 'hot' category, which shows which apps had the most activity on the AppBrain site, either in the last 24 hours or in the last week.
Also you can now set a filter on Android version (currently 1.6, 2.0, and 2.1 are the possible settings). Search and category listings will then hide apps that are not suitable for the chosen Android version.
We hope you enjoy these new features. Our goal is to provide the most convenient way possible to discover and use great Android apps. If you have suggestions for improvements, please leave them in the comments below, or send us an email at [email protected]
Uwe Maurer for the AppBrain team.